Thursday, June 16, 2005

First Step's a Doozy

Okay, we’re going to give this another try. This will be the 4th ‘blog’ I have started, and hopefully this one will stick. I seem to have problems finding things to write about without it sounding like a running conversation with myself, which this really is.


Since I’ll be headed to Austin in six months to pursue a degree in magazine journalism, I figure I ought to start writing on a regular basis to get in the habit of it. Also, I’m working under the assumption that as my writing becomes more prolific, eventually it will become more profound.

Plunging in here, I’m at risk of this blog becoming a repository for things that normally would fall under “Dear Diary This is What I Would Write in You About if I Weren’t Allergic to My Own Handwriting.” Stop me if you see that coming. No, wait, just post a snarky comment so I can see how superior you are.

The other side of that coin is that this could just become one big summary of a Craig’s List Rants n Raves:

  • Smokers are disgusting
  • I hate traffic
  • Fatties just need to quit eating and get some exercise
  • My boyfriend wants anal, should I try it?
  • Liberals are pussies, Conservatives are hate-mongers

Although if I were posting my own opinions (and let’s hope I have the cojones to do that on my OWN FREAKIN BLOG), it would look more like:

  • I need a cigarette
  • Traffic is just more time to gawk at the insanity that is humanity
  • Being fat sucks
  • Been there, tried that, no thanks
  • Liberals are pussies, Conservatives are hate-mongers

4 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katy. 1st post, WOO HOO!

-j

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely done! Let's get some ideas for you to write about. Here's some:

What's your favorite place in Texas?
Where do you stand on spray vs stick deoderant?
Your favorite stupid saying.

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, K-T. I'm about to updateyour link on my blog right now.

And, Cat, whoever you are, I could use some ideas like the ones you left here for when I get brain farts in the writing lobe...

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

like tumbler and tipsy days hopefully we will remain in high spirits. well, good day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home