Wednesday, March 12, 2008

First Try

Here's my first attempt at 12 of 12.



This is what happens when I schedule an 8am meeting. I run through Whataburger for a honey chicken biscuit and then chug a triple mocha at the Java Bean while discussing fundraising.




Next, I'm off to Fredericksburg for my fundraising luncheon. Notice the man who is eerily similar to Leemer.



More folks at the luncheon. The old guy on the left donated a stamp collection. My chairman asked him to say a few words. He told war stories for 5 minutes before he finally had to be cut off.



Stopping at the bank, I spotted this sweet beagle chilling on the dash. Man, if only I could be that comfy. Gotta get home to my pup!



And back at the batcave... on hold with Home Depot.




My super-professional workspace. Note the big fat stack of checks... over $10,000! Also, the big fat stack of pledge cards... cheap bastards who haven't given money... YET. Why yes, that is "John Tucker Must Die" on the crappy 19" woodgrain TV in the background!



Yes, I moved in at the end of January. Why do you ask??




See Katy. See Katy refinish furniture. Paint, Katy, paint. This is my 50 some-odd year old desk that was rescued from the barn. See the great color I painted the inside of the drawers. Orange, baby, orange.



Took a stroll outside... looky here! Tons of wildlife around here.



Yet another project not quite taken care of. I bought an awesome shelf with built-in speakers to which you can connect an mp3 player. One of these days I'll get that put up on the wall.




And a project that I did actually complete! If you can't see from the picture, it's a metal grid with two file boxes, a candle holder, and some random clamps that you can rearrange and such. And notice the lovely space just beneath it for the desk when it is finished!



Now it appears that we are done for the night. Alex has tucked himself in for the night, so that's my signal that it's time to get going to bed.

Next month's will be better, I promise. On April 12th, I'll be in the midst of Pirates Ball. Yarrrrrrr! Be preparing yerself fer some excellent photos, yar!

10 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Ali said...

well done, K-T...well done!

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger graphsman said...

Great 12 of 12 !!
Errk ! A snake... it's a little bit scary ^

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, I would have guessed that was Buffy the Vampire Slayer first ;)

Welcome to 12 of 12!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Eek! Snake! That would be the point at which I would FREAK OUT and never go outside again.

(Welcome to 12 of 12!)

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Lipp said...

Nice '12, welcome aboard.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Dogeared said...

Welcome to 12 of 12! I like your wall thing, with the boxes and clamps and stuff - good idea!

Helen (Devon, 12er)

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Lisa B said...

Welcome to 12 of 12, eek, a snake!!!

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Joni said...

Just like Chris, I thought that was Buffy on the TV at first too. (I thought you were copying me, as I had Buffy or Spike on my TV in one of my past 12 of 12s.)

Ugh - snake. Not something I'd want to see on my doorstep.

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG if that snake was near my house I would move out!

Cool pics! (except for the snake. eeek)

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Scooter said...

Moving is such an pain. Fun pix...especially the snake. What kind was it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home