Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Who am I? Where am I?

I do believe I had about the oddest weekend I’ve ever had…

-Friday night I had the most monumental (possible non-event) of my life. I don’t know what to think about it. I don’t know what I can say about it. What do you do when you get what you want, but only part of it, but there’s a possibility you might get all of what you wanted, you just don’t know yet? And what do you do when it’s something you have wanted so badly for over 7 years that you have prayed about it, cried about it, and gotten stupidly drunk because of it? I don’t know what to think, say, or do at this point. I think that’s a first for me.
-Saturday night I saw a friend I haven’t seen in over a year, and it was like no time had passed, except that he had chopped off about a foot of hair. It was definitely an interesting evening, but I’m glad I went.
-Sunday I spent a while in a friend’s pool, then went to visit another friend and her baby. I had to discuss the events of Friday night with both of them, which didn’t really help me to reason things out, just confirmed some of what I was thinking.
-Sunday night I went out to help a friend celebrate a birthday and met some cool new people. It was very different being with this person and not in our usual circle of common friends.
-Monday I spent most of the day in a friend’s pool and a good portion of the afternoon discussing the events of Friday night. Still wasn’t able to wrap my mind around anything. I spent a lot of time staring off into space, in my own little world. I think they all thought I was really drunk. I’m just extremely confused at this point, and I don’t know whether to be happy or sad.

Final tallies:
Rum drinks consumed- 5
Beers consumed- 30ish?
Cigarettes smoked- Thousands, consequently millions
Bands heard live- 2
Cities visited- 4
Injuries- the weirdest sunburn I’ve ever had (it doesn’t hurt!), and one hellacious spider bite
Mind-numbing experiences- one, but it was a doozy

Someone tell me where to go next. I’m lost.

2 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Ali said...

maybe if you told at least one of us what you're talking about, we might be able to help ;)

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Where to go?

Go down. Guys always like that.

Hope that helps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home