Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day

Why is today sucking so much?

I've only been 'with' someone once on Valentine's Day, and that was kind of a failed bit. Other than that, every V-Day has just been another regular old day in my life.

So why am I having such a hard time today?

Maybe because I'm in a city away from most of my friends. I've made friends here, but none that are good friends, and none that I see (or have time to see) outside of work or school. I have absolutely less than zero prospects for dating, and I don't see any coming around anytime soon.

Don't mind me. I'm just moping on this day and thinking about all of the relationships that I've fucked up with my own stupidity and/or arrogance.

Someone pass me a Blizzard.

3 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger The Ninjamunkey said...

Katy,

Valentine's day is not a day to measure your life. You have been a good friend, and are missed in the DFW (that would be both 817 and 214, none of the others count) Love is a strange thing. You chase it, it moves faster. You stop chasing, and it will trip right over you. Don't rush to find someone because you don't get a date today. I saw tons of guys grabbing anything they could at walmart tonight, last minute, without a real thought as to why they are doing it. Yours is out there, just be patient, and be yourself.

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And if that doesn't work, take up golf.

(I'm shitty with advice.)

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Ali said...

yeah, what they said (well, Munkey boy anyway)

You are terribly missed, but you're following something that potentially will change your life for the better. That's more than many of us can say.

It's just another day. When you find that special someone (which you will), you make your own memories and romance, regardless of the day. It's just a day dictated by Hallmark as a special one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home