Friday, October 21, 2005

Sigh

I am sooo guilty of neglecting my poor blog. Like anyone actually reads it, but I feel guilty for not posting anything in absolutely forever. Especially since I check my friends' blogs daily and I'm always disappointed when they haven't updated. I don't want to disappoint anyone!

I am currently sitting in the Student Union on campus at the University of Texas. 2 more months til I'm back here full-time!! And now they have Wi-Fi all over campus for free... drooool. I called in to work this morning with a "migraine" and drove down here for the weekend. Lunch with one of my closest friends was nice... battling for parking around campus was not.

I met with my advisor this afternoon to see what I have left to get my degree. If I go with my current major (Geography) I only have 33 hours left to take, so I could easily be done by the end of 2006. However, I want to switch to Journalism, so it looks like it will be slightly longer than that. Even if I go with Journalism, I only have about 33 hours to a degree, I just have to take some Geography classes this spring since I won't be eligible for more than 2 Journalism classes until I officially switch majors.

Here's a fun fact: my official time for registration for the spring semester begins exactly 41 minutes before I'm scheduled to land in Key West. So, as soon as I land, I'll have to desperately search for an internet connection of some sort and get my ass registered for classes before they all fill up!!

I went and visited my financial aid counselor... I'm willing to bet big money he plays Mage or D&D or is involved in LARP. I'm also willing to be that there's no way he is under 350lbs. He didn't give me the best of news, but at least I will be eligible for a small grant.

Now I'm chilling out in the Union, looking like the typical college student of 2005- laptop on my (surprise) lap, mp3 player cranked up, bottled water next to me. I am too effin' cool for words. I just finished proofreading for a friend, so I ought to email her those notes before I step outside for a smoke, huh? Probably won't, though. Now I only have approximately 1.5 hours at the least and 4.5 hours at the most to kill. Good thing I have my laptop and a book!

2 Comments:

At 4:27 AM, Blogger The Ninjamunkey said...

I read your blog almost daily. Of course since you update every century or so, I tend to read with my left eye one day, and right eye the next, so its like a new page to me.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Ali said...

you're so money, you don't even know how money you are

 

Post a Comment

<< Home