Saturday, July 07, 2007

Quick Hits from Barcelona

Because I'm having trouble remembering what I've posted about...

- Rome in a day and a half was good. I saw the Parthenon, the Forum, Capitol Hill, the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, and St Peter's Basilica. Whew.

- Milan in 5 hours was a bit short, but I did go to the Duomo and went to the roof of it and saw all of Milan.

- Overnight trains without a couchette or sleeper berth are bunk. Absolutely the worst night ever. And I didn't even get my free mineral water and earplugs.

- Spain's rail system is effed up. A 2.5 hour wait to make a reservation for a train the next day? You gotta be kidding me! Although you can shorten that to just over an hour if you know how to cheat just right. Who, me??

- Madrid was nice. I love the fact that when traveling alone I can manage to cover 3 major sites in less than 8 hours. The Prado museum was nice, but the Reina Sofia with the collections from Picasso and Dali was way cooler, if much smaller.

- Two days in Barcelona, then I'm off to London. I'm ready for a bus with A/C and meals that have already been paid for!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home