Saturday, March 15, 2008

How bizarre

Well, there's a first.

I had a phone call from a sheriff in Creed, CO on my work cell tonight. My first instinct was to panic, of course. Then I remembered I had done nothing wrong (lately) and hadn't been in Colorado in a decade.

Turns out they are looking for a guy I worked with in Florida, and I had sent him a comment in Facebook earlier today, asking how he was and if he was planning a visit to Texas. They googled me, found my work cell on my work website, and called me to see if I had heard from him.

See, they aren't looking for him because he did something wrong. They're just looking for him. No one has seen or heard from him since Thursday. Seems like that might be a little quick to have the sheriff trying to find a guy in his early 20s... but he just got fired from a job, and I know he has had some alcohol problems, so he very likely has other problems.

So keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I hope everything is okay and he just had to get away for a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home