Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 12 of 12

Hello and welcome once more to 12 of 12! Don't know about 12 of 12? It's a cool idea dreamed up by Chad Darnell. Visit his blog for more info and to see what went on all over the world on May 12, 2009!!

This month I actually remembered that it was the 12th before noon (Yay!), but then forgot about it being the 12th and doing my assignment sometime in the middle of the afternoon (Boo!). This should be good.


9:00am
One-half of my Chia Herb Garden in the morning sun! Pictured are my dill and basil plants. The cilantro and chives are still on top of the refrigerator, needing a bit more germination before they get direct sun. I'm trying to follow the directions to the letter so I don't kill anything else green.


9:30am
The best part of having a party? With my group of friends, the clean-up is super fast, and a few days later, I still have a clean and orderly house! I got everything straightened out and unpacked for my housewarming shindig last Friday, so now I get to enjoy the fruits of my labor.


9:35am
Speaking of benefits of having a party, here is the lovely bouquet I bought for said party. The colors were a bit more vibrant on Friday (the purple is noticeably leaching into the water), but they are still very pretty. I just thought the bunches of green and purple flowers were too cool looking.


12:00pm
My new gig to earn extra cash on the side... Secret Shopper! My first assignment was at this dealership. I had to pretend to be interested in making a major purchase and then review how the salesman did his job. It was super fun! The picture would have been better, but I thought they might get suspicious if they caught me taking pictures of the place from the parking lot. Hence, the drive-by photo on the other side of I-35 you see here.


1:00pm
All that shopping made me hungry. Time to run through my favorite tex-fast-mex-food place EVER! It's more BUENO!!


1:30pm
Meanwhile, back at the Batcave... I mean, Scout Service Center- Stopping in for one of my few visits to the home office.


1:35pm
Time for tacos! This picture just does not do this food justice. Bueno is the greatest ever. A couple of tacos were exactly what I needed to make my day wonderful!


5:15pm
Here we are at one of my favorite haunts- Vino100! I met up with a few of my nearest and dearest for a spot of wine. It was wine club night, so there was also some yummy soup! I suppose I really ought to join the wine club, rather than just mooch off of all of my friends' memberships. Got a call and had to cut out early to go take something to one of my volunteers, so I missed our council popcorn kickoff meeting and forgot to take pictures for a while!



10:00pm
Home again, home again, jiggity-jog. Alex putting on a display. I need to look back at the end of this year and see just how many 12 of 12 pictures are of Alex sleeping in various places.


10:05pm
Catching up on some of my DVRed goodness. This was a go-cart scene from '18 Kids and Counting'. Why am I in love with this show?? Same story with 'Jon & Kate Plus 8'. I think it's because I have zero kids and will probably remain in that state, so I'm fascinated with these fecund folkses.


10:30pm
Time for some Twitterpation while watching a few episodes of Will & Grace. There are so many outlets for my voice now (Twitter, Facebook, this blog, MySpace) that I have trouble coming up with something to say for myself. I suppose I could always post the same stuff on each vehicle, but I have a lot of the same 'followers' in each place, so I hate to bore them!


11:00pm
Yet another benefit of having a housewarming party (and having kick-ass friends)... leftover Rice Krispies treats! This was an awesome house with hedges and everything, but after being picked over, it now resembles a scary smiley brick. Still tastes yummy, though!

Thanks for showing up yet again... almost halfway through the year and I'm still maintaining... sweet!!

2 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Chris said...

My partner LOVES Taco Bueno. I remain convinced that if Taco Bueno were a person, he would leave me in a second.

BTW, you're totally welcome back on campus any time - although if you're longing for the geography building you might want to come by soon. They're going to gut and renovate it from the ground up pretty soon.

Nice 12, as always!

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Dogeared said...

Aww, lovely flowers and yay for good friends and cake!

Sorry I'm so behind on commenting - been a very busy time with lots of travel! Even my 12 of 12 was only up on the 15th!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home