Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Off to Ceske Budojovice

Prague has been beautiful, if hot. Yesterday was my birthday and our tour guide attempted to get me completely blitzed on Slivovice and Becherovka. You can strip varnish with that stuff!! After dinner I met up with my friend from high school (Hi Melissa!) and we went out for drinks and wandered the streets for a while. As much warning as I have had about how this place is so bad with pick-pockets and such, I have only felt uncomfortable on the subway... and that was mostly because of the odors!! We are leaving in an hour or so for Ceske Budojovice. I'm worried about our hung-over driver... hope he does okay. We'll stop in some small town along the way and do a walking tour there. I think we are having dinner in a castle in the next few nights... fun!

3 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Shirley said...

I didn't know you were meeting up with Melissa. I sure do miss her. I want to know all about what she's been up to.

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the liquor that is available over there, but not in the States. Absynth? Or something like that?

Try that and give a full review, please...

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Ali said...

you can buy a form of absenth (I know that's wrong, but I don't care enough to look up the correct spelling) in the States now. I bought a bottle on the day of the last party

 

Post a Comment

<< Home