Thursday, August 25, 2005

Updates Galore

Oh, so many things going on! Let’s start at the top- men.

Man #1- We’ve quit talking much because he is still not over his ex-girlfriend. I understand that- they dated for a year, and she broke up with him without a reason only about 2 months ago. I’m just impatient… I really like this guy and I wish we could get together.

Man #2- Oh my. 2 dates, he called me 2-3 times daily, and then it abruptly stopped. I found out why, though. He and his ex-wife are going to try to make it work. Good for them. It was fun while it lasted.

Man #3- Referenced him on this blog a while back. Still uncertain about the situation, but since I haven’t seen him since the ‘big event’ I think it’s safe to say that nothing is going to happen there.

A lack of relationships is probably best for me right now anyway. I’ll be moving to Austin in about 4 months, so I don’t need to get tied down with anyone. I’m starting to look for houses seriously now, and I found one yesterday that I think I really like. I’ll probably be making a trip down that way next weekend to look at houses, if I can find an agent to work with. Stress.

I’ve decided to go ahead and go to the party this weekend that I was going to avoid because of the situation with the woman that will be there, myself, and my ex-boyfriend. If she hasn’t gotten over it by now (almost 3 months later), she probably never will. If she can’t deal with something that minor, I don’t need or want her as a friend. I know enough people that are ‘perpetual victims’ without adding another to the cadre.

Social obligations are coming out of the woodwork right now- I have 3 things going on on one night in September, and I would like to attend all 3, but it looks like I’m just going to go to the event I committed to first, as etiquette demands.

The new diet… lost 6 lbs the first week!! I’ve cheated a bit this week, so we’ll see how well I do, but here’s hoping…

2 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Blogger Ali said...

you mean we're not going to see you before you move????????? *sob*

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Halfway to Fifty said...

I'm not moving til January, for crying out loud! We can get together at SOME point, I'm sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home