Thursday, September 22, 2005

Is it really almost October??

Yeah, okay, so I suck. I know it's been entirely too long since I've updated. How pathetic is my life? I'm too busy to waste time blogging, but I'm not busy doing anything interesting enough to actually write about. My only time to blog is at work, and unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I've actually been somewhat busy at work lately.



The diet is still on, but I've been cheating like a m-effer. I do pretty well when I'm at work, but on the weekends it's a challenge. I'm still down about 12 lbs, but it's been bouncing up and down a little. (hehehe... I said bouncing) I cheated my ass off when I was on vacation this past weekend, but that's what vacations are for, right??



Oh... you want to know about my vacation? Okay. Sounds like a plan.



I left DFW Thursday night (over an hour late due to the thunderstorms) and arrived in Norfolk VA where my entire family was waiting on me. We went back to my brother's condo (not bad, not bad) and crashed. My oldest brother(Joe) took my parents to wherever it was that they stayed that night, so I staked my claim in the guest bedroom and made my other brother (John) sleep on the couch. After all, I booked my plane ticket first, so this was MY trip!



Friday morning, Joe and my parents went to the naval base for his practice flights and so my parents could watch the other planes practicing for the air show. John and I jumped on the beach cruisers and rode down the boardwalk in search of lunch. John ordered clam chowder and got something that was... red. Not exactly what you expect from chowder, but he said it wasn't bad. I took some pictures of the surf (which was really high, due to Hurricane Ophelia sitting just off-shore) and got some pictures of John riding his bike. Exciting pictures, I know, but they are for my photography class.



After we got back to the condo and got cleaned up (I think the humidity was 200% up there), we all went back to the naval base to watch the twilight air show. I think the best part of the night show is the big rig with jet engines and the giant wall of fire on one side of the runway! After the show we went to the Officer's Club on base and did some drinking. I met the F-16 pilot, Hack, who presented me with some fake flowers he stole from the ladies' room. Those military men are high class, huh?



Saturday morning we all slept in, then went back out to the naval base for Joe's next to last flight. It was ridiculously hot and humid, but we were in the Fed Ex tent, so we had free food and drinks all day, plus lots of Fed Ex goodies! The show was really fun, and it was great to see Joe fly again. We left just before the Blue Angels finished so that we could get back to Joe's place and get set up for the party he was throwing that night. We got back to find his girlfriend (Beth) working in the kitchen, and we all started dragging things out to the pool area.



Everyone showed up, started drinking and eating, and we had a grand old time. I met some of the guys from Joe's squadron in Japan, almost fell in the pool, learned that I don't really like champagne, and somehow ended up exchanging phone numbers with Disco... like I'm ever going to see him again. John, Beth, and I proceeded to get exceedingly intoxicated, and when the official party was over we went down to a bar on the boardwalk with a couple of the guys from Joe's old squadron. We were only at the bar for one drink before it closed, but in that time one HELLUVA thunderstorm came through! When the place shut down, we all stumbled back to Joe's place and passed out promptly.



Sunday will have to come later, along with links to pictures of the weekend. Right now, I have to go to a meeting for work. Wheeeee.

1 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like your brother got New York style clam chowder as opposed to New England style. I prefer the New York style (broth-based, not milk-based) myself.

Good choice, I say... but what do I know?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home